Kansas City Personal Training

Monday, March 9, 2015

Maple Pecan Oatmeal



This is one of the fifteen oatmeal options that I included in my new book, Choices Coach: Weight Loss Menu Guide.  Maple syrup is in season in the Spring so skip the pre-flavored oatmeal packets, and make your own.  I promise you it tastes much better this way.  Plus it is so delicious that your kids will love it too.  Just make sure you use real Maple syrup.  Pancake syrup doesn't have enough maple flavor, and it is often just high fructose corn syrup.

I like my oatmeal to be the consistency of cookie batter so I never use as much water as the instructions call for, but you can always add more water to suit your preference.

Ingredients

1/3 cup Quick Oats or 1 Plain Instant Oatmeal Packet
2 tsp. Maple Syrup
2 tsp. Brown Sugar
5 Candied Pecans, chopped
1/4 cup Boiling Water (or more to taste)



Directions

Add the boiling water to the instant oats and mix.  Top with the remaining ingredients.  


Total Calories: 215



Enjoy!

Sara


P.S. What are your favorite oatmeal combinations?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share