Kansas City Personal Training

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Tortilla Crusted Fish


When trying to eat healthy/low-calorie food it always helps to plan ahead.  It also helps to keep it simple and easy.  While it is better to stay away from over-processed foods there are always those nights when it's just easier to cook something for dinner from the frozen section.

That's what I did last night.  I baked a tortilla, chipotle, lime-crusted tilapia fillet from Cosco.  It was only 170 calories, and it was delicious.  I paired it with Green Giant Green Bean Casserole, 110 calories per serving.  The green bean casserole was not exactly the best choice when you consider it is smothered in some kind of over-processed sauce.  I also have mixed feelings about nuking vegetables in plastic.  I'm not sure if that plastic is BPA-free.  Blah, blah, blah.  It was tasty anyway.

For those of you that are feeling more adventurous about making your fish and green beans from scratch here are a couple of links to some recipes:

I Wish for Fish! by Hungry Girl

Creamy Mustard Tossed Green Beans

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share