Kansas City Personal Training

Saturday, January 3, 2015

2015 New Year, Gear up for Success

Losing Those Last Stubborn Pounds

Happy New Year!  I am in a particularly good mood, because I have hit my goal weight!  As of January 2nd I am down to 135 lbs.  That brings my total weight loss for 2014 to 35 lbs.  Over the past week I decided to start doing a carb cycling program.  Years ago I worked with a trainer who had a bachelor's degree in nutrition.  He swore by carb cycling, and he was ripped (not that I noticed).  He was very successful as a trainer, and furthermore his clients were very successful with weight loss. At the time I weighed 116 lbs., and I didn't really think a lot about carb cycling.  I kind of thought I had this whole weight thing under control.

Carb-Cycling

I wish I had tried it sooner.  The last, stubborn 5 pounds just seemed to fall off this week.  I'm shocked and amazed.  I didn't even eat low-fat foods.  I would tend to think it was just water weight, but my body fat percentage dropped as well by 1%.  Surprisingly, I didn't feel cranky cutting out sugar and starchy carbs at all.  I actually felt more energetic and experienced a lot less brain fog.  So here is the plan that I followed:

Sunday - Normal
Monday - Low-Carbs*
Tuesday - Low-Carbs
Wednesday - Normal
Thursday - Low-Carbs
Friday - Low-Carbs
Saturday - Normal

*Low-carb days were no sugar, no fruit, and no starchy carbohydrates (i.e. potatoes, corn, rice, pasta, breads, grains, beans).  Meals were focused around protein and non-starchy vegetables.

I logged my calories on Monday & Tuesday to see how I was doing.  I still hit my calorie targets eating a high-protein, high-fat, low-carb diet.  I didn't feel hungry or deprived at all.  It was quite the opposite.  I was satiated and eating delicious food like this:

A photo posted by Sara Moser (@choicescoach) on



Fashion

I'm also feeling pretty happy, because Santa Claus was good to me this Christmas.  He brought me the Athleta Dobby Down Bomber in Macaw Blue.  I love the vibrant color!  Athleta has a ton of cute stuff on sale now so stock up on workout gear while supplies last.

A photo posted by Sara Moser (@choicescoach) on


I'm also loving some of the new items from Fabletics, Kate Hudson's line.  I especially love the Aventura tank that was added this month.  It's only $20 for VIP members. The tank will easily transition into Spring.


Fitness

If only cute activewear could do the workout for you!  Since that's not the case I've included a total body workout:




For more of my fitness wardrobe pics follow my Pinterest board, Workout Wardrobe.  I'd love to stay connected and see what you are pinning.

Here's to 2015!  Let's get in the best shape ever!

Fit > skinny,

Sara


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share