Kansas City Personal Training

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Peach Cobbler Oatmeal


I love to turn oatmeal into a deliciously decadent treat that is great for breakfast or a pre/post-workout snack.  One of my all-time favorite desserts is my Mom's peach cobbler.  It's sinfully delicious and loaded with calories, so it's a rare splurge.  This oatmeal recipe packs all the flavor without all the calories.  The recipe is also included in my book, Choices Coach: Weight Loss Menu Guide (under breakfast at home/oatmeal).



1/3 cup of Quick Oats or 1 Plain Instant Oatmeal Packet 
1 tsp. Brown Sugar 
1/8th tsp. Cinnamon or Pumpkin Pie Spice 
1/4 cup boiling water

*I love Bonne Maman brand preserves, not only because they are French & delicious, but also because they contain simple ingredients with NO high fructose corn syrup. If you don't like peach you can sub in a different kind of fruit preserves.


Mix all the ingredients. I like my oatmeal a little thicker to concentrate the flavors, but if it looks a little dry you can add more water. Let it sit for 30 seconds for the oats to soak up the water. 

Total Calories = 168

Enjoy this guilt-free pleasure! What are your favorite low-cal oatmeal combinations?
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Share