Kansas City Personal Training

Monday, June 1, 2015

Motivation Tips for Mondays


It can be difficult to get motivated to workout on Mondays. I admit I find them challenging, and I often don't get my workout in until the late afternoon. However, if I workout Monday morning I feel a great sense of accomplishment. It also makes me feel more positive about the rest of the week. I feel prepared. It simply starts the week off with more energy, drive, and focus.

If you are feeling motivationally-challenged on Mondays (like me!), then here are a few suggestions to help you get motivated:


1.  Commit to a shorter workout. Instead of telling yourself that it has to be an hour-long workout, commit to 20 minutes. After you get warmed-up you may feel like doing more. If you don't, then you can walk away happy with your 20-minute workout.  It's still better than nothing.

2.  Pick one or two muscle groups. Total body workouts can seem more daunting when you don't feel motivated. Work on chest/triceps or chest/upper back. You can balance it out by hitting the rest of the muscles throughout the week. 



3.  Do your favorite exercises. Whatever floats your boat, do it. I like to think of my workout time as recess. What happens to us as adults? Don't you remember being a little kid that couldn't wait for recess so you could go play on the jungle gym. I do. It was fun, and nobody told us we were exercising. Pick a fun workout, and the motivation will soon follow.

4.  Create a new playlist over the weekend. Music is motivating. Get the latest upbeat, heart pumping music to be your soundtrack for the week. Whenever I make a new playlist I can't wait to try it out. It actually gets me excited to do cardio (Did I really just say that? Who am I?). Here are a few of my current picks:


5. Enlist a workout buddy, or set an appointment with a trainer. If you're in KC, then I can recommend someone. (Wink, wink!) There is strength in numbers. Meeting with someone adds accountability.
What helps you stay motivated to workout? Leave comments, so we can inspire one another!

Fit > skinny,

Sara

1 comment:

  1. Motivation is very much essential for every individual. As it helps to improve our courage and power of performance; therefore, we need strong motivation from expert advice or coaching guidance. Especially for professionals, it is quite tough to manage working on Mondays after holiday (Sunday), but with the help of strong motivation power, they are able to perform well and improve their work performance. We are getting motivation, while following others instructions, guidelines, footpath and positive thinking.

    ReplyDelete

Share